You must be registered / logged in to apply for opening Login Here
Job Location: Yankeetown, FL, United States
The role of the town administrator, under the direction of the town council shall be consistent with Chapter 2, Article IV, Section 1 (c) of the town Code of Ordinances.
Under the direction of the town council the town administrator shall support the town council and be responsible for the administrative management and delivery of the town's services and programs.
Education and Experience
- Degree in public administration or business administration is desired. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience (3 to 5 years in municipal, county or state administration) would be considered.
Licenses and Certifications
- NIMS (National Incident Management System) Certification, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC), or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Valid Florida State driver's license needed for required travel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of the principles of public administration regarding municipal administration with considerable knowledge of Federal, State, County and local laws, rules and regulations.
Position requires ethical standards-a person of exceptional character, who naturally earns the confidence and trust of others.
Positions require independent thinkers with problem-solving approach and an eye for detail.
Positions requires the ability to be assertive and proactive and work independently in organizing and implementing various assigned tasks
Ability to manage stressful situations with a demonstrated skill and experience in mediation.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Ability to identify, analyze, and solve administrative problems and render assistance in these areas.
Ability to maintain confidentiality when faced with information of a sensitive nature. Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information with discretion. Computer skills shall include Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Adobe Acrobat, accounting software programs, including quick books, and other web tools used for billing and record keeping
Position involves some unassisted lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or kneeling, crouching and balance. Position requires Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction), acceptable hearing (with or without correction not a physical demand and already requested above
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use interpersonal communication skills; read and interpret complex data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems, observe and interpret situations; use math and mathematical reasoning; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks with constant interruptions; work under intensive deadlines and interact with Town Council, Town management, public and private officials, Town staff, civic and community groups and the public at-large
Financial and Accounting Management:
· Draft, submit and monitor the annual budget as well as any periodic budget amendments to council. Include providing a monthly status report of the annual budget to council.
· Prepare and monitor the staff financial activity reports, data entry and accounting of all income, expenditures and bank transactions. Include providing a monthly financial status report.
· Prepare and submit to the council an end of the fiscal year report on all finances and administrative activities of the town for the preceding year. The report should also, address the current financial condition of the town
Community Relations and Public Information:
· Promote partnership among citizens, council and staff in developing public policy and building a sense of community.
· Provide timely attention to addressing citizen needs, concerns and complaints regarding management of the town and town services. Include a monthly report of complaints to council and how and when they were addressed. Ensure objectives and priorities are focused on meeting those needs efficiently and effectively. Provide recommendations for service quality improvement.
General Administrative Duties:
· Administer all laws, ordinances, contracts and franchises.
· Supervise the town election process.Organize, control, integrate, evaluate and make recommendations for all activities associated with the day-to-day operations of the town.-Attend all council meeting and develop the town council meeting agendas with input from the council. Provide a monthly report to council concerning the operations of Town departments, offices and agencies subject to the Administrator's direction and supervision.
· Be familiar with all town ordinances, codes and applicable laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
· Negotiate all contracts, grants, franchises, acquisitions, leases and deeds on behalf of or approved by the town council.
· -Perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Town Charter, Town Code of Ordinances or by the Town Council not inconsistent herewith.
Planning for Future Needs:
· -Make recommendations to council regarding capital improvement projects and assist town council in developing a five (5) year strategic plan. The plan should also, include strategies for the town on how to implement these goals.
· Work closely with the council, town residents, community organizations and citizens groups in identifying community needs and developing and implementing programs to achieve Town priorities and address community concerns.
· Work closely with town council liaison(s) to make recommendations to council regarding the adoption of ordinances and resolutions- Facilitate the work of the town council in developing policy
Work Schedule: EXEMPT: Mon- Fri 8.00 am- 5.00pm
May be required to work occasional nights, weekends, holidays and during emergency situations.
Salary: $45,000 - $60,000 Depends on Experience
Qualified candidates please send resume to email@example.com
April 07, 2017
Expected Start Date
April 07, 2017
Bachelors Degree preferred
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
3 - 5 years of experience
Length of internship
$45,000 - $60,000
Financial Managers, Branch or Department