You must be registered / logged in to apply for opening Login Here
Assistant Town ClerkPaid
Job Location: Yankeetown, FL, United States
· High School Diploma or Equivalent; Associates Degree preferred
· 3- 5 years’ with municipal or administration experience.
· Must possess a valid Florida State driver’s license for required travel.
· Maintains files and records management to include the preparation and maintenance of all town records and other official municipal documents for internal and external use including miscellaneous logs, reports, contracts, grant records and financial information. Retain records per Retention schedules; destroy records when necessary by using retention schedule and receiving permission from State of Florida when applicable. Performs a variety of clerical activities in support of daily operations.
· Completes employment, unemployment, workers compensation and retirement records and reports.
· Transcribes, composes, proofs and maintain all agendas, meeting minutes, grants etc. in a timely manner and post and upload to designate areas.
· Assist the Clerk / Administrator with contracts, grants, franchises, acquisitions, leases and deeds, budget development, completion of annual state budget submission and/or other applicable items. Attend all council meeting the Town Clerk / Administrator cannot attend.
· Help prepare and assist with any Town election or activities.
Accounting and Financial Duties:
· Receives, reviews, processes calculates and does data entry for receipts,
· billings, invoices, statements, utility account information, grant awards,
· Contracts, timecards, purchase orders, vouchers, releases, employee data, payments, fees, and/or other related information, which may include: entering information into a database, processing transactions and changes, running reports and performing other related duties.
· Compiles records and financial information for internal use as well as annual audits.
· Interacts with financial auditors to assure the town audits are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
· Collects and prepares inventory and financial data required for annual insurance applications and audits.
· Prepare staff and administration internal reports. Processes payroll, payroll tax and other state and federal required submissions. Prepare quarterly reporting and year end W-2 and 1099 processing.
· Coordinates with the Levy County property Appraiser to ensure property tax roll is received and reviewed for all properties.
Community Relations & Public Information Management:
· Responds to requests from the general public, answers questions and provides an outstanding customer service.
· Maintain a method of tracking resident complaints, research complaint(s), and initiate a resolution to the problem with excellent customer service
· Promotes partnership among citizens, council and all town employees to develop a sound public policy while building a sense of community both internally as well as externally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
·Ability to manage stressful situations with a demonstrated skill and experience in mediation.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Ability to identify, analyze, and solve administrative problems and renders assistance in these areas.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality when faced with information of a sensitive nature. Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
· Computer skills shall include Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Adobe Acrobat, accounting software programs, including quick books, and other web tools used for billing and record keeping.
· Ability to lift 25lbs Tasks may involve some unassisted lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or kneeling, crouching and balancing.
· Positions requires interpersonal communication skills;
· Ability to read and interpret complex data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems, observe and interpret situations; use math and mathematical reasoning; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks with constant interruptions;
· Work under intensive deadlines and interact with town council, town management, public and private officials, town staff, civic and community groups and the public at-large.
Tools and equipment used: Phone system, computer including word processing software, calculator, copy machine, and fax machine
Formal application with evaluation of education, training and experience
Drug screening as established in the Town’s Drug Free Workplace policy
Job related tests as deemed necessary
Work Schedule: Full-time. 40 hours per week. Mon- Fri 7.00am – 3:30 pm
May be required to work other than the regular Town Hall hours including, nights, weekends, holidays and during emergency situations or to attend meetings.
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 per hour, DOE.
April 07, 2017
Expected Start Date
April 07, 2017
HS School Diploma
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
3 years of administrative experience
Length of internship
$12.00 - $15.00 Per hour
Administrative and Support Services